Old July 27th 06, 06:04 PM posted to misc.consumers,rec.autos.driving,alt.politics.economics
Bill Funk

Default Texas driver's license to jump up to a whopping $100 or more

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 08:37:40 -0400, "Mike T." > wrote:

>> Personally, I'm for requiring ID. Otherwise, how do you know who is
>> actually able/allowed to vote? An ID isn't anywhere as hard to get as
>> some make it out to be.

>Really? Check this out:
>
>Note that IN ADDITION TO your original birth certificate and your original
>social security card, you need six more points of ID. Various other forms
>of ID earn points, such as (photo license from another state, 2 points,
>whew!)
>
>http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/idlicense.htm
>
>Basically, to get an ID in New York state, you need a hefty briefcase to
>organize all the paperwork you need to haul to the NY DMV. This is for a
>non-driver ID, BTW. -Dave

The rules allow 4 points for a passport (out of 6). The requirements
for a passport are less onerous than NY requires for other ID.
The other 2 points are easily provided by any honest person.
As I said, this isn't as hard as many make it out to be.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"