Old July 24th 05, 08:10 AM

Yes it is part of the driving test to use the handbrake in appropriate
suggestions like starting off on hills, at stop signs and traffic lights,
but how many people in the U.K actually drive that way after passing the
test very few. I know of one and that's my mum. All the other drivers I
know and that is many since I used to driver for a parcel company and travel
with others in company cars never once used there handbrake when stopped at
stop signs or traffic lights and only occassionally on steep hills. You
must be one of the few that does Pooh bear.

O and burning out the clutch I have never once done that and never had to
replace a clutch on any car or van or truck I have driving and let me tell
you I have driven more miles than I care to remember.

I bet if you surveyed every driver that has passed the UK driving test very
few would say that they still use there handbrake at a stop sign or traffic
lights. Actually why not ask the question to this news group and see what
response we get Pooh Bear.

oups.com...