Old May 31st 05, 04:09 AM
sdlomi2

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Sir,
> I want to know importance of torque signals from steering wheel in
> electronic power steering system.How it is related to the motor asist
> power in electronic power steering system.

The way I see it, it's similar to SCV-radio system that came out first
on, I think Corvette convertibles. This system is a "speed compensated
volume" control--the faster you drive, the louder the radio plays to
compensate for increased extraneous noise from increased speed. I see a
similarity to the torque signals--when it malforms, you can surely feel it
when, say rounding a curve--a deep-seated feeling in the tummy of loss of
control. HTH, s