Old February 25th 05, 08:19 AM
RobW

Default Weird air ducts in a racing 928

I saw this car here-
http://www.928motorsports.com/other928s.html

It's the yellow #917.
I noticed it has ducts in the car that lead from the trans tunnel
behind the driver, up to scoops on the roof, forward of the rear hatch.
http://www.928motorsports.com/otherc...GTrenNLBIG.jpg
http://www.928motorsports.com/otherc...s/jpk02big.jpg

Whats up with that? Are they trying to pressurize underneath the car,
some aero trick? I thought the key to downforce, besides wings, was to
*reduce* pressure under the car with air dams and skirts, openings at
the rear? Or is it not an aero trick at all, if not what the hell is
it? I've been around a few race cars but I've never seen this. An
air-cooled torque tube, maybe? ;-)

It's just driving me nuts. Any ideas? Anyone? (Bueller?)

(Yes, I know, I should get a life...)