Old September 2nd 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Terrence

Default 98 Jetta Gl: Oil Change.

I tried laying down and work on spinning the filter off from the bottom, but
again I was foiled by ground clearance issues. After struggling a bit with
being a contortionist, I dealt with spinning the old filter off and
reinstalling the new one from the top. Seems like a band type of filter
wrench that accepts a 12" extension and a 3/8'ths ratchet would have made
life easier.

Terrence

On 9/1/06 3:16 PM, in article , "IR"