Old July 20th 05, 04:37 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Maybe a bad batch of cables. The USA 96 Jettas that I see usually have
self-adjusting clutch cables.
Although I have been sent a manually adjusting cable before, I opted not to
use it.

Is it hard to press the clutch pedal down?
I have seen some vehicles, especially VW Foxes, have old and stiff pressure
plates. So being hard to press something weak has to break and it is
usually the cable.

good luck,
dave
(One out of many daves)