Old September 12th 06, 02:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Daniel[_1_]

Default Petrol Engine for Bicyle?

Pretzelz wrote:
> I know nothing about Mechanics, so I wondered how feasible it would be
> to attach an engine to a bike.
> Any hints or pointers?

You should consider a complete unit with wheel strength, braking and
suspension designed to match the capabilities of the engine.
The pedals are going to wind up primarily as footrests, since you would
be pedalling extra weight.
Best to just look at a small motorcycle and study the Smith System of
Space Cushion driving to keep yourself alive.
Actually, you'll soon discover that a larger motorcyle can be safer
than a smaller one since you have more power and control.
A small Honda isn't much different from a moped and you get brake
lights and turn signals.
For a real road going bike, an old BMW would be my choice.