Old June 3rd 05, 02:11 AM
TeGGeR®

Jim Yanik .> wrote in
:

> The electrons are what's doing the moving,and they flow from neg to pos.

The electrons flow from POSITIVE TO NEGATIVE. The electrons go from where
they are (-) to where they're not: The "holes" (+).
http://nobelprize.org/physics/educat...n/forward.html

It's the actual everyday signal that's commonly perceived to go from
negative to positive.

But we have THREE paths in a transistor ("transfer resistor"). For a non-
techie, this is non-intuitive. I do not get how TWO terminals can have
THREE paths.

Please try to understand that I am not trying to be difficult, but that
this is not at all making sense to me.

I am hoping that someone, somewhere, will post with an explanation that
makes sense to my mind. In my professional life I have taught and trained
many, many individuals, and most have had certain things that just would
not "click" until the information was presented a certain way. I am seeking
that way, and I will persist until I find it. This is driving me crazy.

This graphic:
http://nobelprize.org/physics/educat.../amplification
..html
(all on one line; copy-and-paste as necessary)
shows the signal path from base electrode to collector.

This one:
http://nobelprize.org/physics/educat.../pointsymbol.h
tml
(again, all on one line)
appears to show the path from emitter to collector.

I do not get this and I am trying madly to understand. Graham W would be
able to correct me in an instant. He has been the most persnicketly
critical observer and the most productive from my point of view. Graham,
where aaaaaare you?...

Graham was the ONLY one to suggest alterations to the Main Relay function
graphics. Graham was the ONLY one to inform me of certain HTML errors, the
correction of which make it easier for browsers to display the intended
information.

Ah, but wait. I just thought of something: alt.electronics. Back soon...

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/