Old July 20th 05, 08:52 PM
Stuart

Default Help - brake light fault on 156

Hi,

I currently have a fault with the off side break light, it doesn't work!!

When the engine is switched on the light is slightly illuminated which I
assume is how the warning light is shown on the dashboard.

I have checked the obvious, i.e bulb and fuse, all ok. I have changed over
the bulb housing in the boot, not that. Checking with a volt meter -13 dc is
showing at the bulb.
Has anyone got any ideas of what else to check?
Could this be caused by a faulty brake switch at the pedal that is not
breaking the return to earth?
If so, how easy is it to change these switches?

Any assistance appreciated as the wife had a flat battery this morning which
was my fault!!!

Thanks
Stu