Old October 25th 04, 06:10 AM
General Schvantzkoph

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 00:38:16 -0400, Ken wrote:

> Hi gang, My 88 LeBaron GTS 2.2L makes a loud hissing noise (like a steam
> engine) when accelerating. I know air pressure from the turbo caused the
> noise. but how do I know which hose? the airbox to turbo hose or turbo to TB
> hose? Also, is the turbo by pass value suppose to be inside the airbox?
>
> Thanks
> Kenny

How could you possibly still have a GTS Turbo? My 86 LeBaron GTS Turbo
died 10 years ago, the turbo siezed at 112,000 miles. Midway in it's life
I asked the mechanic who replaced the head gasket at 50,000 miles what the
life expectancy of the turbo was an he told me 75,000 so I felt pretty
good that I got 112,000. You must have 250,000 miles on that thing, how
many times have you replaced the turbocharger?