Old January 3rd 05, 10:07 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Mon, 3 Jan 2005, Nate Nagel wrote:

> > http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm
> > Interesting stuff. Just look how well that K&N did at stopping dirt!

> About what I suspected! The surprise to me was that the AC-Delco did so
> well. I've been pretty much sold on Wix and Purolator for oil filters,
> but I might have to go to the dark side next time I need an air filter.
> I thought AC-Delco was still associated with GM somehow?

It is, but be advised this was a test on air filters for *one specific
application* which happens to have been a GM Duramax diesel engine. I'd
hesitate to generalize these AC-Delco results to a non-GM application,
only because I don't know the degree to which AC-Delco buys and reboxes
filters for non-GM applications. I'd have to scrutinize the construction
details and compare to other filter makes to see.

> Too bad they didn't test any Mann or Mahle products, I'd sure be
> interested to see how they stack up against the domestic brands.

> Mann or Mahle, everyone "knows" they are better

Pffft. "It's German, so it *MUST* be better!" (and variants of the same
fairy tale) is the only existing basis for such opinions.

DS