Old January 3rd 05, 09:40 PM
Nate Nagel

Daniel J. Stern wrote:

> http://home.usadatanet.net/~jbplock/ISO5011/SPICER.htm
>
> Interesting stuff. Just look how well that K&N did at stopping dirt!

About what I suspected! The surprise to me was that the AC-Delco did so
well. I've been pretty much sold on Wix and Purolator for oil filters,
but I might have to go to the dark side next time I need an air filter.
I thought AC-Delco was still associated with GM somehow? Wonder how
they managed to make a product that doesn't suck? The only apparent
downside appears to be the higher initial flow restriction, but it looks
like it kicks ass in all other categories.

Too bad they didn't test any Mann or Mahle products, I'd sure be
interested to see how they stack up against the domestic brands. I've
been in the habit of ordering the German filters for my German cars
whenever I mail-order parts as the price is competitive with the parts
stores (and they generally aren't in stock at the parts store anyway)
and everyone "knows" they are better, but it would be nice to have some
hard data.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.