Old June 1st 05, 05:05 PM
Tom in Missouri

Maybe he should wait until the temperature gauge reads about 210 before
pulling the cap off. ha ha

There will be pressure - lots of it - and a lot of very hot coolant spraying
out all over you the hotter the car is. People get seriously hurt by doing
what you did. Count yourself lucky. NEVER remove a radiator cap if the car
is hot or warm.

To start with, I suggest you read the owner's manual from cover to cover.
Most never do, because they already know how to operate a car, but if you
are pulling radiator caps off and don't know there is pressure there, you'd
better start on page 1.

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> > A question I have is : i pulled the radiatorcap and there seemed to be

some