Old May 20th 05, 11:12 AM
RSCamaro

On 19 May 2005 22:03:11 -0700, "SharkMan" >
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a Mustang with a 347 putting out 475hp. I plan on road racing
>this car, no drag racing ever. I am a driver, not a mechanic, so I
>looking for a second opinion. The shop doing the work on the car wants
>to put in a 3.73 gearing. I was thinking 3.27 would be better for
>economy and top end performance. I was hoping someone out there could
>help me with this.
>
>Thanks!
>
>David

The short answer I think is that you'll want more gear once you get
out onto the track. In my 00' GT the 3.27:1's are ok but in lower
gears take more time to come back up to torque peak. I have 3.42's in
another car with much less power and coming out of the corners I get a
better pick up than with the Mustang. Both have the BW T-5
transmission.

...Ron
--
68' Camaro RS