Old March 3rd 05, 06:42 PM
Wound Up

> Wound Up wrote
>

>>180 wrote:

>>>Anyway, my comment on the origins of the name "Grand Am" series was
>>>what we call a "joke," subcategory "snide remarks." ?Annoying, most
>>>likely yes, but intended to be taken seriously, definitely no.

>>I don't believe you. ?I believe it was more meaningless conjecture.
>>You're a ****ing liar. ?You were trying to pass off your bull**** as
>>fact, like usual.

> Such language. You suck Cobra Jet's dick with that mouth?

Easy, trigger...

> OK, so have it your way. I seriously believed that, when the
> sanctioning body behind this "Grand Am" series was setting it up, they
> all sat around a table and one of them said, "Hey, let's name it after
> that ' little sporty car' that Pontiac makes, what's it called, the
> GRAND AM!"
>
> You, with your thousand kilowatt intellect, your graduate degree, your
> four languages, your pharmaceuticals, your DT's, and your
> way-too-much-time-on-your-hands, called me on it. Trapped like a rat,
> what could I do but lie and pretend that I hadn't meant it seriously.
> Oh how I underestimated you. You saw right through me. Awe, awe is
> the only word to describe the feeling I'm having right now.

I really don't care at this point. It's moot.

And it's just three languages. I can read Italian and Portugeuse, and
make out basics in speech, but I don't count those.

Too much time? Indeed. The flames... it's one pharmaceutical, and I've
never had the DTs. I'm picturing Nicholas Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas".
Ugh.

> Actually, what I'm feeling right now is that you're one sick f**k. You
> really need to make some changes in your life.

I'm not that sick, really. I have just been seriously depressed and
anxious after last year's life-changing debacle, which I alluded to a
while back. I've been angry at the world for a long time. It -is- time
for some changes. I hate my profession. I hate feeling trapped in my
situation. I hate not finding anything fun anymore. Most of all, I'm
sick of feeling hate. I'm beginning to think I lost my job for a reason.

I am at a serious crossroads, 180, and you've identified that fact
correctly. This is one of those times when you need to step back and
say, "what in the hell is going on here?"

> Hey, and don't think EVERYONE didn't notice your complete deletion from
> your reply of your bona fide, pants down around the ankles, f**k up,
> thinking that the five liter engine in the '05 Stang race cars would be
> the 302 ci pushrod 5.0 or yore. What a maroon.

Yep, no denial there. You said 5.0, and I thought 302. I didn't see
the 304.5 cid specs. I saw what I thought was an incorrect number, and
failed to call you on it with enough factual info. I, too, am capable
of saying, "I was wrong".

If I do mess with you in the future, I'll be very sure you'll know I'm
joking.

And can we agree on this - let's stay on-topic in future disputes, and
leave the personal attacks out of the equation? I am just as guilty as
you are.

--
Wound Up
ThunderSnake #65