Old January 30th 05, 01:15 AM
Nate Nagel

> ChrisCoaster wrote:
>
>>That's the problem John, American driving style, and just about
>>everything else American, reeks of "Mefirstism" IMO that is more
>>dangerous than either Conservatism or Liberalism. Americans think
>>they're in a freakin' RACE when they drive. That's why they do

> stupid
>
>>things on the road, like try to fit too much car into no space when
>>lane merging. Or tailgating because they *perceive* the driver in
>>front of them is going *too slow* for their tastes.
>>
>>Well, THIS American will get there first, because I drove slow enough
>>to avoid running into the back of that SUV, like that Toyota just

> did.
>
>>Because I drove slow enough to properly negotiate an off-ramp, unlike
>>that Buick - which is now laying on it's side on the embankment.
>>Because I regulated my speed enough to reach the intersection just as
>>the lights turned green, and not try to run the previous read, as did
>>that SAAB, who will now be late to work because a cop is performing

> his
>
>>duty with him. Because I didn't feel the need to HAVE to be in front
>>of that minivan, which is now involved in a wreck with the Ford who
>>merged in front of it too soon, clipping the van's nose!
>>
>>Moral: Leave earlier and slow the %# down - you'll get there sooner!
>>-CC

> Amen. Could not have said it better myself!

Sure you could, if you're not a complete idiot - you could have blasted
Chris for repeating that old chestnut that if you just slow down you'll
be safer. It ain't speed that causes accidents - it's lack of skill,
common sense, whatever. It's perfectly possible to drive fast and still
be safe.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.