Old January 29th 05, 04:35 PM
John David Galt

ChrisCoaster wrote:
> That's the problem John, American driving style, and just about
> everything else American, reeks of "Mefirstism" IMO that is more
> dangerous than either Conservatism or Liberalism.

On the contrary. If everyone on the road were in a hurry, or at least
had the sense to drive as if they were even when they're not, traffic
would move fast and there wouldn't be a problem. What creates conflict
and problems is the people whose attitude is "relax, I'm not in a hurry
and you shouldn't be either". They waste everybody's time and so have
no right to be there.

> Americans think they're in a freakin' RACE when they drive.

Not at all. We're just out to avoid wasting time, and that means not
ever letting anyone who may be one of those "relaxed" (= "sloth")
drivers get in front of us.

> Moral: Leave earlier and slow the %# down - you'll get there sooner!

Moral: You are one of the bad guys, and I'll never let you get in
front of me if I can possibly help it.