Old July 7th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Troy

Default 90 XJ cranking issue

Haven't sold that darn thing yet, but I drive it around and sometimes after
I drive for 30 mins. or so then go back to crank the thing up again an hour
later it doesn't want to start, just turns over. I usually turn the key
forward in the ignition for a few seconds, then back and turn it forward
again and try cranking more. It eventually will start after a few tries of
this.

If its the fuel pump, do I have to drop the rear gastank to get to it? The
thing is it's from New York and the bottom totally rusted out. I'd have a
fit trying to get all that stuff unbolted and most likely something is gonna
break I'm sure.

Troy