Old December 30th 04, 01:31 AM

Default Gosh, What an Impatient Jerk I Am!!

Scott en Aztl=E1n wrote:
> Today was a big day for Somnambulist Sloths. I'm waiting behind a
> small econobox at a red light; the light turns green, but this guy is
> focused intently on his front passenger seat.
>
> One one thousand...
> Two one thousand...
> Three one thousand...
> Four one thousand...
> Five one thousand...
> TOOT!!

I experienced that today at a left turn signal which is brutal to wait
for. It's 2 minutes between rotations. I'm about 8th in line, and I
know I'm not getting through on 1 cycle. So 4 cars go through, and I'm
now 4th in line.... 2 more minutes...

Turns green, the first 2 cars go better than sloth speed, the 3rd looks
down, looking for something on her seat, perhaps her brain, I lay on
the horn (no Five one thousand for her, as the light is about a 10-15
second light). She finally figures she should hit the gas, RUNS the
now red light (it was red for quite some time, I couldn't believe she
went), and I stop, muttering f words at her.