Old July 21st 05, 08:42 PM
C. E. White

"Daniel J. Stern" > wrote in message
.umich.edu...

> Apparently having failed to learn the lesson, Chrysler paid Bitsu****ti to
> pull prolonged "No, really, we've fixed it this year, this time for
> sure" shenanigans on them between 1987 and 1994 with the 3.0 litre V6.
> Post-'94 3.0s aren't bad engines.

If only that was true. My SO's Caravan is inflicted with the Mitsubishi
junk. The rest of the van has been relatively trouble free. The engine even
at it best is a weak noisy piece of crap. The last time there was a problem,
the dealer's solution was to try to sell her a new engine. Fortunately an
independent mechanic was able to repair it by replacing a burned valve.
However, even after repairing it, he suggested dumping it immediately. He
had nothing good to say about the engine. Apparently my SO has one of the
better ones....

Personally there is no way I'll ever be seduced into buying another Chrysler
product. As soon as our last Dodge truck goes to the happy hunting ground
I'll swear off from Chrysler products forever. Long ago my Father warned me
not to buy Chryslers (as his Father warned him when he was young). I was too
stupid to believe him and suffered for not trusting his experience. I think
one Chrysler product per generation is enough (and I've had two). Chrysler
may not have learned their lesson, but I have learned mine.

Ed