Old May 9th 05, 03:19 AM
JEEPR

Well Dick
The garage called and turns out the battery was defective as I indicated and
I was given a new one.
I don't want to flame anyone or blow my own horn, but I have had education
in power distribution for aircraft and lead acid battery maintenance was
part of it so I know what I talking about. When it comes to present day
automotive I am just as ignorant as most with the many different modules and
computers that control systems, that is why I am here to draw on the
experience of others. Now I just have to figure out what is activating the
solenoid, do not have wiring diagrams to follow. Give me a good schematic
not block diagram and a simple meter and I would not have much of a problem
except for the modules and computers.
Seems like this thread is getting out of hand so I will start a new one when
I have the time to continue trouble shooting the fault.

If measuring dead batteries makes you an expert well good for you.

Matt
0|||||||0
Tact is the ability to describe others as they see themselves

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message
> On Sun, 8 May 2005 19:48:04 -0400, "JEEPR" >
> wrote:
>

> >a battery never looses voltage, it will loose its capacitance to delivery
> >current that why the flashlight goes dim, measure the voltage on a deed
> >flashlight battery and it will read 1.5v, but the potential (voltage)

will