Old January 19th 05, 02:45 AM
Dean

I can see a couple of problems with cranking those things up and down.

1. Its going to mess with your alignment. But probably not too big of an issue
off road.

2. Cranking them up is going to require you to lift 1/4 of the weight of the
vehicle. Add friction to the equation and you're going to need a fairly long
lever to accomplish your goal.

3. The thread looks fairly fine which means its going to take a lot of turns to
make any difference.

4. There isn't a lot of room in a TJ's wheel well to be turning these things up
and down.

I think idea is good in principal, but not very practical. Air bags might be
better, like this:

http://www.offroadonly.com/products/suspension/airock/

Dean

http://www.jksmfg.com/acos.htm