Old June 25th 05, 03:52 AM

Are my bearings shot? Do these oil pressure readings mean that I need
new rod/main bearings?

My oil pressure at driving speed seems to appear to be good, though,
and it seems to go up by at least 10 pounds for every 1,000 RPM (which
is what the specs state). Oil pressure stays at about 50 Pounds while
cruising the highway.

A compression test was done on the engine 2 months ago. Mechanics said
that engine compression is good and even. Results was about 155 PSI
across all 4 cylinders. Engine doesn't burn any oil. There is no blue
smoke from tailpipe. Engine leaks only less than 1 quart of oil every
3,000 miles (mainly due to leaky valve cover gasket). Other than that,
oil consumption is very minimal. Engine still has pretty good power.
Are those things (good compression, low oil consumption) good signs
that the engine may not actually be that badly worn?

BTW, I had the head gasket replaced over 6 months ago. A valve job was
also done as well while the head was off.

Overall, I wonder if the sensor for the oil light is acting flaky and
causing the oil light to come on at the wrong time.