Old December 21st 04, 04:22 PM

Default 1990 Toyota Camry DX Electrical Problem

David Novick wrote:
> Dear All:
>

> We own a 1990 Toyota Camry DX that its electrical system is not

working
> properly. The automatic door locks and the automatic windows only

work
> from the passenger side. On the drivers side, the automatic windows,
> the shoulder seat belts, and the door locks do not work unless the
> passenger side windows control is pressed. We checked whatever fuses

we
> could find and they seemed to look o.k.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions about how we can fix and solve this
> problem ourselves? Please email me directly at .
>

> Thanks,
>
> David and Gary

The exact same thing is happening in my car. I took a look at the
driver side door near the hinge, and found that one of the wires that
connects the the door to the car is severed. When i bridge the gap
(with a spoon) the connection is completed and i can open the windows.
Might want to start here.

-dano