Old June 17th 04, 10:37 PM
Blah Blah

In article >, says...
>=20
> "Blah Blah" > wrote in message
> >
> > In article 30>,
> > justin1138@REMOVEnet says...
> > > HRA (BANDIT2941) wrote in
> > > :

> > > ME's about as bad as Windows 98. XP is a lot better and crashes a lo=

> > > less. Plus it actually has neat features.

> > If you guys want a good windows operating system the best has to be
> > windows 2000 pro. Its very stable and looks like the older o/s's and no=

> > like a fisherprice toy. XP has more bloat than I could put up with.
> >

>=20
> XP only has bloat if you let it, my XP Pro install looks, feels and acts =

the
> exact same way as my old 98 install, runs almost as fast (98 had squat fo=

> overhead) and it hasnt crashed in over a year. Win2K was a pretty good OS
> when it came out, and light years ahead of that piece of crap NT, but it
> doesnt hold a candle to XP in terms of stability, performance, and hardwa=

re
> support.
>=20
> Wurm

There is to much bloat in xp. For example There is no mplayer version=20
6.4 on xp. You can make the new versions look like the old versions but=20
it still takes longer to load mplayer than before. You can make xp look=20
like the old versions of windows but it still slow on bring up programs=20
etc because their is so much more packed into the encoding. Besides=20
every new release by microsoft is always full of holes. Win2k is nearly=20
patched up by now xp has 2 more years before I would trust it. =20
Nt was never intended for the average home users but Win2k supports=20
everything i've thrown at it so far. And besides that you have more=20
freedom with installing it on the pc's in your home. Who the hell is=20
going to buy a copy of xp for every pc they own as Bill Gates wants=20
everyone to do? He's made of money, we're not. Why should I have to call=20
someone to get permission to install software? If I have hardware=20
troubles I dont need to be calling microsoft ontop of replacing pc parts=20
in troubleshooting a problem. I'm already stressed enough as it is then.

I say avoid XP and tell Gates to shove it.=20

My 2=A2

Now back to Saturns! or the like...