Old March 10th 05, 12:36 AM
Bill Putney

maxpower wrote:

> The dealership I work at would have charged you 1 hr labor, In order to
> verify which part is bad you would have had to at least remove the
> connectors to perform the test...

Not true. The fact that, along with the limp mode, the speedometer was
not working tells you with a fair degree of certainty that the output
sensor was bad.

I get the impression from some people that some dealers would not do
certain work, like replace a sensor, without doing and charging for a
diagnostic. Out of curiosity, if I walked into your dealership and said
"I am pretty certain that my output sensor is bad. If I agree to pay
your price for replacing the sensor and accept the possibility that that
isn't the problem, will you replace the output sensor without charging
me for a diagnostic test?" would they do that?

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')