Old March 9th 05, 09:53 PM
maxpower

"John Gregory" > wrote in message
> Out of curiosity, I phoned another large Chrysler dealer to get an

estimate
> of this repair. $249! If the part costs $65 and they billed by "the book",
> that means labor runs $122.66 and hour. Can this be right?
>
> Q1) Is there a book available at the library - or on line - that will give
> standard time for all repair jobs?
>
> I think it would be wise to be armed with this information before agreeing
> to a repair... not that I'm complaining about mine. I may have been

clipped
> a little but the dealership has been fair with me in the past. And... if

his
> competitor is any guide, my dealer actually gave me "a break".
>
> Q2) What is the going hourly rate for a Chrysler dealership repair these
> days?
>

> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message
> > maxpower wrote:

me

> >> for

transmission

hell.

> >> Yup a little steep with the labor

> > Yeah - I'd like to get paid for 2 hours for 30 minutes work. Where do I
> > sign up! I'd at least tell them to knock it back to book rate - and ask
> > them to explain why they take that long to do a 30 minute job.
> >
> > You really should change the fluid and filter regardless of what they

say.
> > Every 80k miles would be reasonable. DIY for cost of fluid and filter

and
> > 2 hours time, and get a thorough changeout of fluid in the bargain - not
> > less than half from a pan drop.
> >
> > Bill Putney
> > (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> > adddress with the letter 'x')

The dealership I work at would have charged you 1 hr labor, In order to
verify which part is bad you would have had to at least remove the
connectors to perform the test, therefore half the work was already done.
The book that AArcuda is referring too normally says test and replace, .5
for each sensor. He would be charging you an overlapping time of 1.0 hr.
( 1.5 is an average labor price and as I said on the high side)

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech