Old June 19th 05, 11:05 PM
tarzan

Default Hot as Hell in Dallas, TX continued

Ok, I've got some new info. Tell me if this sounds peculiar. When I run the
A/C, the radiator fan kicks on immediately. Otherwise, it only turns on
when the temp sensor tells it to. The problem is the timing. It's like a
see-saw affect. I run the A/C, the temp goes up. Kill the A/C, the fan
kicks on after the temp sensor tells it to(30-40 seconds), it cools, then
heats up again when I turn the A/C back on. This is at idle speed in
indirect sunlight. It's been doing the same thing on the road except it
tends to run hotter in rush hour traffic. Since the heat has been so
intense lately, it sometimes won't read cool until I park the bitch. I
really haven't pushed it but I'm sure it will eventually overheat if the
temp outside reaches above 100 degrees. Another observation I made was the
coolant flow. Even at warm or hot temps the coolant doesn't seem to
circulate. It just bubbles and overflows from the cap. I already replaced
the thermostat so could a clogged radiator restrict flow this drastically?
Assuming the the thermostat is working, then is the radiator the likely
culprit. Let me know what you guys think, I'm just about worn out. Thanks,