Old December 18th 04, 04:43 AM
Spiderman

"Whitelightning" > wrote in message
news:UsMwd.137$h.110@trnddc04...

> "Spiderman" > wrote in message
> news
>> Wouldn't the oil smell like gas then? It still smells like oil. Also, the
>> fuel gauge hasn't moved down abnormally.
>>

> I am going to side with Doc on this, 1/2" over the full mark wont hurt a
> thing, like he said they put 5 qts instead of 4.5 qts in.(based on the 90
> some odd oil changes my 91 has had in its 202,000 mile life time) 1/2 qt
> aint going to hurt a 4.3, the oil level still wont be close to the crank
> so
> no frothing at the dip stick to worry about..
>
> I got a kick out of how these threads get all bent out of shape, Spider
> don't worry about a fuel pump diaphragm because your truck doesn't have
> one,
> its fuel injected and has an electric fuel pump mounted in the tank.
> And where did he say anywhere in his posts that he took it of Mr.
> Goodwrench?
>
> Given you have a 4X4, removing the oil filter usually results in some
> spilt
> oil on the frame and skid plate, the drips in the drive way are probably
> from that. Good shop would have cleaned it up.
>
> Whitelightning

I originally asked the question because I did not want to waste fresh oil
for no good reason....and in my case, it looks like there isn't one. I
looked under the hood and DID notice some oil dripping down the skid
plate....like you said, it must have gotten spilt when they changed the
filter. I wiped up the excess and hopefully that will be the end of the
little oil drips! Thanks....very good and sensible post (just what I was
looking for)!