Old December 18th 04, 03:38 AM
el Diablo

"Spiderman" > wrote in message

> "Lawrence Glickman" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 19:16:35 -0500, "Spiderman"
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>""Doc"" > wrote in message
> >>news > >>>

> >>Sorry hehe....it's about 1/2" over the full mark. What's the diagnosis,
> >>Doc?
> >>

> > The diagnosis is "Nitwitcity"
> >
> > IOW, you paid Mr Goodwrench to screw up your vehicle. The crankshaft
> > can churn the oil causing it to become entrained with air bubbles, and
> > this is not a good thing for your main bearings.
> >
> > Dump the extra, do it now. And don't go back to the jerk you paid to
> > screw up your ride.
> >
> > Lg

> Hmmm....I wonder who's right? The Doc (leave it alone) or Lg (dump the

oil)?

Doc's right, as long as it's no more than 1/2" over full your OK. My 1994
Z34 has the 3.4 liter motor that takes a small oil filter and the manual
states 5-1/2 qts. with a filter change. I've put 6 qts. in it ever time I've
changed the oil. The motor has 126,000 fairly hard miles on it and runs like
new still.

Brian