Old August 28th 06, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Eric[_2_]

Default Oil-filter removal (2004 Jeep Liberty)

Use the metal strap type... should be just fine. Although it's messy, the
screwdriver method will work. You don't have to turn it far -- just break
it loose. Then you can do it by hand or with the strap style you have now.
Like everyone said -- it is messy. Before I got a cap-style for my
motorcycle, I used the screwdriver method (two or three oil changes). It
worked every time but made a mess.

Eric
99 TJ SE
oups.com...