Old August 28th 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

Default Oil-filter removal (2004 Jeep Liberty)

I tried the strap-type oil-filter wrench shown at:

http://automotive.hardwarestore.com/...h--635959.aspx

I put the nylon strap around the filter and attached one end of an 1/2"
extension-bar to the end of the oil-filter wrench and the other end to
a socket wrench.

I turned the wrench as hard as I could but the oil filter would NOT
unscrew. (I didn't try harder because I was afraid the oil filter might
collapse and then it'd become more of a bear to remove).

Running a big screwdriver through the filter and using it as a lever to
turn the filter sounds good but I don't think there's enough room to
reach the screwdriver to turn it.

Any other ideas?