Old May 9th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Shock mounts

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:
>
>> I don't think there's a need to replace any kind of 'mounts'. Now, the
>> boots, if they are all weathered / cracked and falling apart probably
>> should
>> be replaced but they are a bit expensive for what amounts to a dust /
>> debris shield.

> Remember that the bumpstop is part of the dust boot. You need that.
>
> --
> Lanny Chambers
> '94C, St. Louis
> http://www.hummingbirds.net/alignment.html

That is exactly what I was confused about. The KYB boots don't seem to have
the bumpstop and so I was thinking that I might need their mount for it to
work. Sounds like I really just need to reuse the old boots or at least the
old bumpstop from the old boots or just get new genuine Mazda boots. The
OEM boots are expensive but I would hate to have the car apart and then
learn that I needed them... So I will get the OEM boots to go with the KYB
GR-2 unless there is a better recommendation for a basic set-up.
Thank you both for your replies.