Old May 8th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default Shock mounts

I don't think there's a need to replace any kind of 'mounts'. Now, the
boots, if they are all weathered / cracked and falling apart probably should
be replaced but they are a bit expensive for what amounts to a dust /
debris shield. I don't mind admitting that I hadn't even considered that way
back when I first did that to my 92 and I was too deep into it to stop or go
back. Two of mine were allright and two were pretty crappy. I got
'creative'! The new shocks came in heavy plastic sleeves and I simply used
those sleeves (like a heavy duty plastic bag shaped like the shock) to
replace the two bad ones. I simply zip tied them top and bottom. I drove the
car in Houston weather for 5 yrs and 65k that way and they were holding up
fine, no holes or problems.

Chris
99BBB