Old January 9th 05, 11:27 AM
Bernd Felsche

"Magnulus" > writes:

>Collision at 75 vs. 55 mph has alot more energy behind it= a higher risk
>of injury/death. Much higher.

Cite. Go on. Give us some references based on credible, scientific
analysis of the risk of trauma and intensity of trauma with regards
to vehicle speeds.

You will find that other factros, such as vehicle type, restraint
systems, appropriate use of restraint systems, personal fitness and
age are MUCH larger factors in determining the degree of trauma.

The minimum risk of being in a crash is around V85 (85th percentile
speed of free-flowing traffic). If you mimimise the risk of
crashing, you will minimise the total trauma for practical highway
speeds.

>Speeding should be cracked down on. Most people are not that great
>drivers, and almost half of them are driving vehicles that are

OK.... who gave those people a licence? Don't the issuers of
licence have some form of responsibility for ensuring that licence
holders have appropriate skills?

>prone to poor breaking and poor traction on pavement- SUV's and

breaking?

>trucks.

And WHO was responsible for that trend?

Who's responsible for proper driver education and making sure that
those issued with licences have at least an adequate appreciation of
the physics involved?
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!
X against HTML mail | Copy me into your ~/.signature
/ \ and postings | to help me spread!