Old July 15th 05, 12:33 AM
Abeness

SoCalMike wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> "jim beam" > wrote in message
>>
>>> Alex Rodriguez wrote:

>>> ordinary bolts will soften & creep at high temperature. and the exit of
>>> the cat is /very/ high temperature!

>> What is the difference between ordinary bolts and the ones you refer to,
>> Jim?
>>

> the OEM bolts are splined to stay snug in the hole. right?

Ahh, is THAT what it's called. Yes, they are splined. The shop that got
the old ones out for me was apparently able to get them out without
making the holes too big to grip the spline--I'd be careful about that
if you're drilling them out. Pretty heavy-duty little suckers,
too--though short, they weigh several ounces at least (3 of 'em,
anyway). No wonder they were some $7 each.