Old June 25th 05, 07:46 PM
Ted

"Vik Rubenfeld" > wrote in message
> Beemers often retain quite a bit of value. Do people here feel safe
> inviting strangers to test-drive them in order to sell them privately?

1. If they arrive in a car ask for their car keys while they drive yours.
2. Check insurance cover.
3. If pos go with the person(s).
4. Beware of the stooges..........although difficult to spot. I had a
"couple" arrange to look at my car. They arrived and all seemed fine. I
asked for their car keys while they took mine off for a test. On their
return I showed them all the documents. Then they appeared disinterested
even though the car and paperwork were in excellent order. They did not even
want to make an offer even after I asked them to. Anyways off they went
leaving me rather bewildered. 30 minutes after they left I got a phone call
from a "dealer" who seemed to know everything about the car even though he
had not seen it. He then went off on one telling me how much it was worth
and I would not get what I wanted for it. I can only conclude the visitors
were his stooges. I had one other very aggressive chap which concludes at 5.

5. Put car immediately into a motor auction.........I did after 4.

ted