Old February 15th 05, 11:14 PM
Lawrence Glickman

www.pistonslap.com for all the sordid details.

>> Including the lawsuits against GM,
>> and the LAME TSB's from GM that state adding 4 quarts of oil ever 700
>> miles is *normal*
>>
>> I'll keep my FORD, thanks anyhow.
>>
>> Lg

>I dunno if it's piston slap or something else, but there's something at
>work that makes every V-6 from the 2.8/3.1 family sound like utter and
>complete ****e. They're kinda like cockroaches though, they must last
>at least a while, because I sure see/hear enough of them.
>
>On the flip side, Ford seems to have figured out how to make an engine
>sound sweet, even if it isn't truly fast. I can't remember the last
>time I heard a bad-sounding V-8 Mustang.
>
>nate

I bought a $25,000 Fix Or Repair Daily, for a _hefty_ discount because
it was a low mileage dealer demo and last year's model. I am a
satisfied customer. My engine, you can hardly hear it with the hood
up and standing right in front of it.

An associate of mine bought a GM SUV in the High $30's, very high
$30's, I am guessing $36 thousand plus, and my engine sounds better
than his does, and his is brand new. I bet the reason his SUV sounds
like a truck, is because it -is- a truck, and a piston-slapping GM.

Add to that the 1.5 minute *NORMAL* piston slap at warm-up according
to General Motors, and I would have put my checkbook back in my pocket
and gone looking for something else, better, at 1/2 the price ( which
is what I paid ).

Look at what GM has to say about their shakey engines in the TSB's at
www.pistonslap.com. Their own words!

1) I'll never buy a =brand= new vehicle, it is a total waste of money
IMO

2) I'll never buy a GM vehicle, unless it's being given away at
wholesale ( dealer cost ).

My car does have its flaws ( which I have yet to encounter ).
heater cores clog up, but this can be forestalled with backflushing it
trannys are known to be very sensitive to the mix. Mercon V only, or
say goodbye to it.

Other than that, nothing a can of WD-40 can't fix.

Lg