Old January 31st 05, 05:14 PM
Bradburn Fentress

"Dori A Schmetterling" > wrote in message
> Interesting comment. I bought my car with a spray system. I don't drive
> much and I don't think I have used the cleaner 'in anger'. Maybe a waste
> of money. long could I use the spray before emptying the water tank...?...
> :-(

In most BMW's, over the last 8 years or so, the headlight spray is activated
every 3rd time the windshield washer is activated, when your lights are on.
It has minimal effect on your washer fluid levels. There is no way to
manually spray the headlights (it only come on when you do the windshield,
and then only when the lights are turned on) and the automatic spray last a
couple seconds of intense burst. There is no great effect to washer fluid
levels, and certainly if it is working correctly it doesn't drain the fluid
"at an alarming rate".

Works great too, but I suspect only for those of us who live in climates
that result in lots of dirt and grime being thrown on the front end of our
cars.