Old July 15th 05, 05:32 PM
n93332

"Eric Baber" > wrote in message
> This reminds me of a hilarious episode that happened to me about a year
> ago. I was on holiday on a small Greek island. One day a whole bunch of
> people in white descended on the island, all Americans (myself and my
> friends with whom I was there are from the UK). It transpired that they
> were members of some cult or other who were convinced that Armageddon was
> to take place on one of the days we were there, and the only place in the
> whole world that would survive was this particular island. They holed
> themselves up in a hotel they'd group-booked, then reappeared the night
> before the Big Day and went wandering around the town. Needless to say,
> Armageddon didn't actually take place. What we wanted to know was:
>
> - How did they get back home? One would assume they got one-way tickets.
> - Once they got home (if indeed they did), did they have anything left to
> spent all the money on one hell of a party?

In my limited experience, it's cheaper to buy a round-trip ticket to
someplace than a one-way. I have taken a few one-way trips by buying
round-trip tickets and not using the return tickets.

Of course, if the end was near, what difference would it make on how much to
spend on the trip? The bills would show up after the end...