Old January 21st 05, 09:58 PM
Mike Romain

That surprised the crap out of me too. My Jeep engine has 100% of it's
torque at around 1750 rpm and is a real strong runner climbing sand pit
walls down to 400 rpm. It won't stall.

The alternator is just a new remanufactured GM 'one wire' (3 wires
actually) 70 amp unit I think with an Optima battery. My Warn HS9000i
winch on full load doesn't drop my rpm like that unless I stall it and
and that stall is a rated 450 amp draw.

The only time I have seen that in the past was trying to boost a battery
and start a vehicle with a dead cell if I remember right....

Even with no draw, when I hooked up the booster cables the rpm took
about a 100 hit.

I do have heavy gauge booster cables with good clamps

Mike