Old December 2nd 04, 08:54 PM
wkearney99

Default oil pan for 3.4 in an XJ?

Ok, supposedly I was wrong about the 2.8L pan not fitting a 3.4L. If that's
the case then what can I do to prevent a replacement pan from getting dinged
by the axle? Somehow or another the pan managed to get whacked by the axle
and the dent creased the pan enough to cause splits that leak.

Anyone have a clue as to whether the gasket will work?

While I'm in here what's it take to deal with a rear seal leak? It may or
may not have one. This poor old beast had to pull several tons of dirt this
spring and it seems like it might have developed a leak to the rear of the
engine. Doesn't seem to be a valve cover so I'm left guessing about the
rear seal. If I'm in there dealing with pan I might as well fix the rear if
it's shot.

Anyone got a good supplier they'd recommend?

Thanks,
-Bill Kearney