Old March 11th 05, 02:38 PM
Mike Romain

Ok seeing as you have new ground straps, (everyone should know this), I
would take a booster cable and run it from the battery negative to the
firewall and see what happens.

If no change, I would then turn on the emergency flashers and see if a)
it starts with them on or b) it dies when they come on or c) they have
no effect.

There is one other place to check for a broken ground as well. Look on
the passenger side of the engine near the back for a bolt with 2 or 3
small black wires coming off it. This is the ground for the computer
harness.

Have you had any wiring issues or melts or bad electrical smells?
Anything like the 4x4 light stuck on or anything else unusual?

Mike