Old January 17th 05, 04:16 PM
mrdenial

Yea, I guess I looking at the new F-350, it can do 19,200lbs with the
right setup.

I just want to make sure that I'm not making a mistake buying an older
truck. I thought that buying a F-250 diesel with a banks turbo would
mean that I'm buying something more powerful than todays smaller trucks
(F-150, etc.). The older trucks are cheaper...which is nice for a work
truck...and diesel will probably be better on the pocket book.

The truck I found has 96,000 miles on it. It also has the banks turbo.
The ladies son is the ford dealership in town. She says that she
takes it in anytime she hears a sound. So, that tells me it could be a
well taken care of truck.

So, if the current F-250s are rated at 12,500 and the 86 F-250s are
rated around 9k, then there isn't too much difference, right?
Thanks for everyones input.