Old July 11th 06, 02:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TeGGeR®

Default MY TUMBLER DOESN'T WORK, HOW TO CHANGE IT--1991 CIVIC SI

"Elizherrera" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> Hi everyone,
> I'm new to this and am just looking for a few answers. My friend
> drove my 1991 Honda Civic Si to the store and he couldn't get the key
> to turn and start the car. So I took apart the back plastic piece with
> the conectors and used a screwdriver to start my car and drove it
> home. Well now the problem is that the steering wheel is locked and I
> had to drive holding the key on while shifting (not very fun). Well I
> ripped apart the tumbler and now my question is how do I replace it so
> it's not ghetto? Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks,

What do you mean "ripped apart"? Please be more specific, using terms and
phraseology that are more precise.

It is very easy to remove the lock cylinder from its housing. Have you done
this?

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ