Old June 12th 05, 01:00 PM
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
:

> Joe wrote:
>> "Michael Johnson, PE" > wrote in
>> :
>> <snip>

>>>They have different plans. I pay $17/month to have three movies in
>>>rotation. For $9/month there is a one movie rotation plan. Sounds
>>>like that would be a plan you might consider. I like the
>>>convenience of it more than anything. Plus they have a large
>>>library of DVD's from current stuff to old movies from the 1950's
>>>and numerous television shows.

>> That's not bad, but the two or three times I go to the video store
>> a month I rarely find more than one video I want to watch. Does
>> Netflix carry music concerts? Now I could go for that...

> They have a ton of music related DVD's. Here a link to their page
> on music DVD's:
> http://www.netflix.com/Genre?sgid=35...tr=LhcGenre355

Now that looks very interesting. I'll have to check this out further.
Nobody locally carries music videos (i.e., Clapton's Crossroads) to
rent - only movies and games. Of course, I can go plop down $25 or
more to buy them, but I'd rather preview them first by renting.

>>>It may not work. It might though if you had a good bit of RAM.

>> This thing's maxed out at 384mb RAM. I think I'll need to upgrade
>> before I start getting into DVDs on the PC.

> If I didn't use Autocad and Civil Engineering software I might still
> be running a 486 processor.

LOL! I can get by with my P-III, but if I try to multitask, crash and
burn...