Old March 15th 05, 03:59 AM
Scott H

> > > "Scott H" > wrote in message
> > > om...

> work
> > > for both the front and rear?

"Peter" wrote ...
> Rear brake shoes can't possibly work. Front drums on Super Beetles have a
> larger inner diameter and the shoes are also wider.

You're right, Peter. Front/rear diameter and width are different according to the Bentley.
This is yet another case where I should've checked the Bentley before wasting bandwidth here.

The parts place had another set of shoes in stock so I went by there and compared them to my old shoes and to the first new set.
Both of the new sets of shoes were the same diameter and width as my old shoes but the second set exactly matched my old shoes and
did not have the notch like the first new set did.

I took a couple of pictures if anybody is interested in seeing the difference in the two new sets.

First new set:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...c/100_1104.jpg
You can see where the notch in the new shoes is located where the spring holes are in the old shoes.
I've placed the new spring in the only set of holes on the new shoes so that you can see where the end of the spring falls.

Second new set:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...c/100_1107.jpg
No notch and the spring holes exactly match the old shoes.

Thanks for the input.

--
Scott