Old August 20th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
Dave[_5_]

Default Air conditioner problem

1999 Explorer Limited, v8, 2wd, climate control, Florida

Yesterday evening when we went out the air didn't seem to be very cool.
We didn't go far so I just brushed it off. Today, in the heat of the
day, it seemed to be cooler outside the car than in it. I just did
minimal investigation, I started the engine and looked at the compressor
clutch. The clutch cycled at about 3 second intervals in and out. I
disconnected the pressure switch (?hi or low?) and the clutch
de-energized completely until I reconnected it.
Any ideas before I spend 'big bucks'?

TIA,
Dave
--
Diving is life! The rest is just details.
W.W.W.I.