Old August 14th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Default Poetic Justice

Matthew Russotto wrote: <brevity snip>

> Same problem with this as with pretty much all "creative" punishments
> -- unequal justice under the law.

> And there's the unequal justice again. For violations in which an
> adult would simply be fined, a teen faces suspension.

Teen drivers with probationary licenses are not equal to adults with
permanent licenses.

The judge felt this particular teen didn't give a **** about any
monetary fine, Mom & Pop would just fork it over and the kid is only
slightly inconvenienced by having to appear in court (probably with a
pained expression) and therefore finds no reason to take traffic
violations seriously. Apparently, this kid wasn't even smart enough to
look contrite.

If my experience is any indicator the immature frequently feel they
should not be held accountable for their actions. If they are cited
for speeding, it's not their fault, it's the fault of the state for
"underposting" the speed limit.
-----

- gpsman