Old July 18th 06, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

Default magnets on fuel line

In article >,
barry > wrote:

> i recently added a magnetic system to my 1990 (approaching 199K this
> week) in an attempt to improve mileage. (the basic premise is that if
> you magnetize the fuel positively and the air negatively (or vice
> versa), they'll remain combined after compression in the chamber
> resulting in a more efficient burn.
>
> has anyone else had any experience with this?

Magnets don't work quite as well as hanging garlic from the rearview
mirror. For a real improvement, try sacrificing a few goats.

Placebo effect, nothing more.

> i should mention that i recently replaced the front license
> plate - have driven without it for eight years, finally got a
> (parking!) ticket, and the outside temperature has been in the 90's &
> 100's most of the time - which i though might be a factor

Not "a" factor, it's THE factor. Something in your cooling system isn't
right, but running plateless was compensating and masking the problem.
Now you need to troubleshoot the cooling system and fix it. You probably
need a new radiator.

--
Lanny Chambers
'94C, St. Louis